Dr. Dave Davies

London calling

Senior public relations major Keenon Walker, Professor Maggie Williams, and sophomore PR/English major Mercedes Livingston mug for the camera at today’s noontime session.

I spent the noon hour today taking part in an information session for students interested in our British Studies Program, specifically the Introduction to British Journalism course that my colleague Maggie Williams and I teach in the School of Mass Communication & Journalism.The course runs the month of July in London.

We strongly encourage our Honors College students to study abroad during their time at Southern Miss. Many of our HoCo students take part in British Studies, and I’m hoping 2013 will be a banner year for study abroad. (We had 20 or so HoCo students take part in the British Studies Program in the summer of 2012.) Southern Miss has a wide range of international studies programs, representing virtually every continent around the globe.

In the short video below, Williams and PR major Kennon Walker talk about today’s program. The second video is a short minidocumentary — and a first-rate one at that — that Keenon put together describing the BSP experience.

Dr. Dave Davies
Dr. Dave Davies