Night at the Museum
Encounter real animals. | Discover our relationship with nature.
Fri. Feb. 7 | Fri. March 21 | Fri. May 2
“Night at the Museum” is an exciting event at the Biological Sciences Learning Center (BSLC) designed to promote biological literacy for 4 – 8 graders.
- Events involve a spend-the-night adventure at the Southern Miss BSLC.
- Students learn about wildlife, see animals, and learn about topics related to biology.
Click here for registration form.
Questions? Call Michael Sellers at 601.266.6374
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM EVENT DETAILS:
- Each event is open to students in fourth – eighth grades and costs $30 to attend.
- Plan to drop off your child at the BSLC (map to BSLC) between 6:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Activities begin at 6:30 p.m. and continue until 8:00 a.m. the next morning.
- Please plan to pick-up your child from the BSLC between 8:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m.
- Participants should pack a sleeping bag, pillow, toothbrush/toothpaste, change of clothes, water bottle, snacks, flashlight or headlamp.
- Please label all belongings and limit to one bag; might also bring a camera.
- Snacks and breakfast will be provided, but you should eat dinner before attending.
Past events have included:
2012 | The Heart of the Matter
- Night at the Museum: Heart of the Matter explored the diversity in the cardiovascular systems found in the animal kingdom.
2012 | The Changing Face of Earth
2011 | Reduce, Reuse, Recycle; The Human Body; Arachnids Alive; Frosty Creature Favorites
- Night at the Museum takes place in the Biological Sciences Learning Center.
- The BSLC is located in Mississippi Hall 005B.