Cost and Deadlines
The 2015 program cost for credit is $7200. The cost includes the following:
- program deposit ($250 due by application/deposit deadline listed below)
- round trip international airfare*
- tuition for 6 semester hours
- housing in London
- shared use of a kitchen in London
- LondonAWAY! outbound transportation
- housing during LondonAWAY!
- required museum visits, theater events and other academic activities
- required academic excursions
(*Students wishing to make their own flight arrangements may subtract $1000 from the cost above.)
Additionally, most students spend between an extra $3,000 to $5,000 to fund:
- WeekendEXPLORE Travel
- mini-break travel and housing
- books and supplies
- incidentals and gifts
The British Studies Program qualifies for financial aid in the form of guaranteed student loans, Pell Grants, or applicable graduate assistantships. Southern Miss students requiring financial aid should contact Frances Sudduth at the International Programs Office.
Application and Payment Deadlines
Completed online application, with $250 deposit, will be accepted until 27 February 2015, space permitting. Southern Miss will acknowledge receipt of applications and students will be informed of their registration status. The balance of fees will be due on 6 March 2015. Applications are processed in the order of receipt. Students may apply at any time prior to the deadline and are urged to apply early.
Cancellations and Refunds
Except in cases of academic ineligibility or course cancellation, deposits are non-refundable. Fees, exclusive of deposit, are refundable if written notification is received prior to 6 March 2015. Thereafter, no refunds will be available. The International Programs Office should be notified, in writing, of all cancellations.