Initial Test Registration
Before registering for the Basic Technology Literacy Exam, you MUST have a valid eagles.usm.edu email address and know your password. All Southern Miss students can get a free email address. If you have not had your eagles.usm.edu address activated, contact the iTech helpdesk (601-266-4357) before registering for the BTLE. The day of the test, please bring your student ID and a set of headphones.
Registration for the Initial BTLE Test is completed in SOAR.
- Check the dates on the Exam Dates and Location page to see which date you want.
- Log in to SOAR by clicking on this link. (You will not be able to get to the registration page unless you select this link.)
- After you sign into SOAR, click the “Add New” tab to register or click on the magnifying glass and select a test date.
- Read the information about Registration and click the "Continue" button.
- Answer all the demographic questions and click the "Ok" button.
- This will take you back to the Registration page. Click the “Save” button on the bottom left side of the page.
- A popup box will appear to let you know that you will receive a confirmation email.
When the registration process is completed, you will be charged a $25 fee for all registered sessions. Please only register for one test session only. All fees are non-refundable.
Please take the time to read the list of Frequently Asked Questions.