The academic advisors of the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi are dedicated to the success of their students. Student success means ensuring that our students develop the following attributes during their academic careers at the university and as valued members of the College of Business community:
- Cognitive, social and moral development
- A pursuit of academic and personal achievement
- Knowledge of their responsibilities to themselves, the institution, and the community
- Successful networking and career development skills
- An understanding of learning outcomes in both COB courses and advising
- An understanding of the resources available to them through the institution and the community
- Successful completion of their selected degree
By continuing in our professional development and improvement of our advising programs, the academic advisors in the College of Business will provide students with the necessary skills to lay a solid foundation for building better business.
Advisement begins for the Spring on the second week of September and for the Summer and Fall on the second week of February.