Excellence and Achievement Through Goals, Leadership and Ethics Scholarship
The EAGLE Scholars is an exciting scholarship and leadership development program based in the Southern Miss College of Business. EAGLE scholars receive $8,000 per year, study abroad scholarships and they also participate in a series of leadership and professional development programs. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on several criteria including commitment to finish their degree, integrity, work ethic, clear goals for the future and willingness to participate in extra programs meant to enhance their collegiate experience.
Scholarships are renewable annually, and program activities parallel the student’s stage in process.
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL
- Major in a business discipline at Southern Miss,
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher,
- Have financial need
- Demonstrate the character (integrity, trustworthiness) and commitment to complete the business degree.
- Exhibit evidence of a strong work ethic,
- Articulate clear goals for the short and long term
- For more details on the scholarship, visit the Southern Miss Foundation Web site.
In addition to the application, students should also submit the following:
- An essay, no longer than two pages in length, which addresses the qualifications for this scholarship. The essay should address the importance of the scholarship for future goals and the applicant’s commitment to the key outcomes for EAGLE Scholars (commitment to outcomes), leadership (respect and influence) and ethics (integrity, trustworthiness).
- Letters of recommendation from two or three people who speak to the applicant’s integrity and trustworthiness, work ethic and commitment and motivation to complete the degree.
SUBMIT COMPLETED PACKET TO
Brigitte Burgess, Ph.D.
Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs and Assessment
118 College Drive #5021
Hattiesburg, MS 39406-0001
Deliver to Scianna Hall (SCH), room 2035