Masters of Economic Development - How To Apply
All applications to the program are processed through the Graduate School.
- Have a 3.0 (4.0 scale) grade point average over the last two years of the student’s undergraduate studies.
- Submit GRE scores (all sections). The Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) may be submitted in place of the GRE. Students whose native language is not English must achieve a TOEFL score of 560 or more.
- Provide three letters of recommendation from persons qualified to assess the applicant’s readiness for graduate study.
- In exceptional cases, students may be admitted conditionally. Such students must earn a 3.0 on the first nine (9) semester hours of coursework numbered 500 or above or on all coursework taken while completing this nine (9) hour requirement in order to qualify for regular admission.
- Students may be required to take some prerequisite courses in geography or business.
- Submit statement of purpose and goals including desire for a graduate assistantship and resume.
- In addition to a $110 per hour course fee that covers books, meals during the in-person, applicable IEDC fees, and special technology needed for the program.
Graduate Tuition and Out-of-State Charges can be found at http://www.usm.edu/graduateschool/fees.php