College of Business Scholarships
The following University of Southern Mississippi scholarships are only available for current USM College of Business (CoB) students unless otherwise noted. Scholarships are awarded based on funds available.
- Freshman Scholarships
- Transfer Scholarships
- COB EAGLE Scholarship (3.0 gpa or above; requires separate application)
- College of Business Foundation Scholarships (PDF Version)
College of Business Scholarship Applications for the 2014-15 academic year must be turned in to the CoB Scholarship Coordinator in Joseph Greene Hall, room 110 by Monday, March 10, 2014.
EAGLE Scholarship applications for the 2014-15 academic year must be turned in to Dr. J.T. Tisdale in Joseph Greene Hall, room 211 by Friday, March 7, 2014.
- College of Business Scholarships are separate from Admissions or Financial Aid scholarships. The College of Business awards these scholarships yearly, and they must be applied for each year. Due to a high demand, late applications will not be accepted.
- Preferably, the letters of reference should come from previous professors, high school teachers, and employers. Anyone who is a professional in their field with whom you have interacted and can provide you a positive letter.
- Essays should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins, 12 pt. font (Arial or Times)
To apply for a College of Business Foundation Scholarship, access the application form HERE. The COB EAGLE Scholarship requires a separate application. Please click the link to that scholarship above.
COB FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
- Eligibility requirements vary by scholarship - see specific scholarship description
- Full-time students (12+ semester hours)
- Awarded annually based on funds available
Students majoring in an academic area within the College of Business (COB) may apply for scholarships awarded through the Southern Miss Foundation. The factors considered in awarding scholarships include donor-stipulated conditions, the academic record, or degree of financial need. If you meet one of the special donor-stipulated conditions as specified in the scholarship listing, please be sure to include this information in your application. Note that when you submit this application, you will still be considered for ALL of the scholarships for which you are eligible.
- Descriptions of scholarships are available online at the USM Foundation's page. To read more, click here.
- For those scholarships requiring “financial need,” the applicant must file a FAFSA with Financial Aid to be considered.
- Scholarships are awarded in two separate semesters—half in fall and half in spring term. If you are awarded a scholarship and graduate during the fall semester, you will only be awarded half the scholarship.
If you have further questions, please contact the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs at the following:
We are located in Joseph Greene Hall, room 110.