J. Christian Sweatt
Undergraduate Academic Advisor for Accounting and International Business
Recruitment & Retention Coordinator
J. Christian Sweatt currently serves as the academic advisor in the College of Business, in which he advises all accounting and international business majors. In addition, Christian is the retention and recruitment coordinator for the College.
Christian is a graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, from which he holds a bachelors degree in instrumental music education, and a master's degree in Higher Education Administration, Student Affairs Administration, and Counseling & Personnel Services.
After completing his undergraduate degree, Christian taught in the public schools of Birmingham, Alabama, where he held the responsibility of teaching high school band students who were involved in the over 200-member marching band, two concert ensembles, jazz ensembles, a color guard, and dance team.
During his graduate studies with Southern Miss' College of Arts and Letters, Christian's duties included FileMaker Database programming, assisting with program development and helping create educational materials for new and current students, maintaining the college Web sites, as well as recruiting first-year and transfer students.
Christian's academic interests include retention and first-year initiatives, program development, student academic success and advising, and curriculum effectiveness.
- National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- National Association for Campus Activities (NACA)
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- Academic advisement of Accounting and International Business majors
- Incoming/Prospective Accounting and International Business majors
- Retention & Recruitment
- College of Business web site updates
- PACE Informational Packet | PACE Web page