Assistant to the Dean
College of Business, Gulf Coast
Linda Jordan currently serves as the lead Academic and Administrative staff member for the College of Business on the Gulf Coast. In her ACA role, Linda advises graduating seniors as well as prospective, new, continuing, and readmitting undergraduate students. She manages the degree clearing process and graduation for COB Gulf Coast as well as meeting with and clearing students on probation, probation continued, and suspension.
Linda earned her Bachelor of Science in English from Southern Miss in 1991 and completed 24.0 hours of graduate English courses.
Linda joined USM in 1991 and worked 5 years in the College of Business Hattiesburg and 17 years on the Long Beach campus. USM awarded Linda the Staff Excellence Award for professional staff in 2011. Her most valuable recognition is from students who have consistently listed her as instrumental to their degree completion.
Linda’s academic interests include student success – in particular degree completion for academic jeopardy, first-generation, and ‘lost’ students, who are unsure of where to obtain help. Linda’s motto: Make a difference in a student’s life.
Linda enjoys boating and sports. She is a 2005 graduate of Leadership Gulf Coast and is actively involved in campus events, including creator and Co-Chair of Scholars Bowl; and member of the GC Schedule Committee; Dean’s Advisory Committee; and Admissions Appeals.
- Undergraduate academic activities for COB Gulf Coast
- College of Business GC degree advisement
- Advisement for graduating seniors and the graduation process for COB on the Gulf Coast
- Counseling of Gulf Coast students on probation, probation continued, and suspension
- Gulf Coast class scheduling conflicts and class rotation for 5 majors on the Gulf Coast
- Training of academic and administrative staff for COB GC