ALUMNI PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT
As a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE), Career Services observes the following principles for professional conduct. Student and alumni obligations include: providing accurate information; adhering to interview schedules; accepting an offer of employment in good faith; notifying employers on a timely basis of acceptance or withdrawal from the recruitment process after an offer of employment; and interviewing only with employers for whom candidates are interested in working with and whose eligibility requirements they meet.
This is a free online career center that includes part-time, full-time, a resume database that can be viewed by employers, an employer database, all on-campus career events and an alumni mentor network.
• Access to EAGLE EMPLOYMENT for job-seeking assistance with Career Services is limited to students enrolled in a degree program of, or graduates from, The University of Southern Mississippi.
• Postgraduate students, postgraduate research assistants, students completing course work for certifications, and others who are not graduates of USM are prohibited from registering for this system.
If you do not show up for an on-campus interview, you will be classified as a no-show . Failure to keep interview appointments deprives other individuals of interviews, wastes the recruiter's time, and creates an unfavorable image of Southern Miss students and alumni.
If you are unable to attend an interview, you are required to CALL our office at least two working days prior to the interview. This allows time to fill the available slot with someone from the waiting list.If selected for an interview, failure to schedule the interview or decline the offer within 48 hours (2 business days) could result in your Eagle Employment account being inactivated for 1 semester.
If you miss an on-campus interview for any reason, access to your Eagle Employment account will immediately be restricted and you will have 10 working days from the date Career Services contacts you to write a letter of apology to the employer.
You must bring the letter, along with a pre-addressed, stamped envelope to the Career Services reception desk in McLemore Hall, Room 125. If you fail to submit the letter as directed, your Eagle Employment file will be inactivated and any upcoming interviews will be canceled until you meet with either the director or assistant director of Career Services. You must bring the letter of apology to that appointment.
Two no-shows on your record will terminate your on-campus interviewing privileges for one year.
• Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• To schedule an appointment, call 601.266.4153 or stop by the office in McLemore Hall, Room 125.
• Walk-in Hours: Monday through Thursday, 1:30 to 3:30 pm. No appointment is necessary. (Walk-ins are appropriate for questions that can be answered in 5-10 minutes, such as resume and interview preparation. This service is offered during the spring and fall semesters.)
Please contact our office if you have any questions or for more information.
These policies are subject to change.