Off Campus Part Time Employment (JLD)
Job Location and Development, JLD, is focused on creating off campus, part-time employment opportunities for students.
Eagle Employment is our online career center database that allows you to search for all part-time employment needs such as off-campus jobs, odd jobs, and summer jobs.Also, search Eagle Employment for professional positions, cooperative education and intern opportunities. Through Eagle Employment, you can post resumes in a profile to be viewed by employers, search the employer database and view On-Campus Interview schedules.
To login to your Eagle Employment account, click STUDENT EAGLE EMPLOYMENT LOGIN.
If you need assistance accessing your account, please contact Career Services.
Student JobsJobs– We post all part-time, off-campus employment opportunities on our online career center, Eagle Employment. Here you are able to:
- Search jobs by criteria that meets your needs.
- Get more information about the job(s) you are interested in. Details including salary, qualifications, description, work schedule, location, and how to apply.
- We do not place students in a job, we only provide information about job availability. It is up to the student to apply and follow up with the position.
- To search jobs once in your Eagle Employment profile, go to - Jobs > Job Search > Advanced Search > (select criteria you wish, to include Job Function) > Search
- To save a search, once you have selected the criteria for your job search at the top of the results will be the option to 'Save Search', click on that and it will ask you to name that search and save.
- To receive job e-mail alerts, at the top of the results will be the option to 'Email me New Jobs', You will be notified by email when new listings come in that meet your search criteria.
Job Seeking TipsDon’t wait
As important as it may be to find a job while going to school, students typically wait until the last possible minute to find a job. As a result, they feel frantic and worried about finding a job that works with their class schedule. Start searching early. Be familiar with the attributes employers seek during the application/interview process. These might include, but are not limited to:
- Clear communication
- Goal oriented
- Positive attitude
- Professional time & attendance
- Appropriate attire (neat & clean appearance)
- Follow up
- Job search on Eagle Employment, our online career center.
- Find out where your friends work. If they like and recommend their work, they can probably help you get your foot in the door.
- Ask to speak to the manager when you turn in an application. Introducing yourself will always leave a good impression.
- Be on time for your interview. It is best to be early.
- Bring a resumé. If you take the job seriously, they will take you seriously.
- Be professional in appearance. Wear neat and clean attire.
- Clearly communicate why you should be considered for the job.
- Convey excitement and a positive attitude about the position.
- Let them know what you have gained and learned from past work experience if you have it.
- FOLLOW UP!!! Always call and follow up with the manager, or whoever you interview with. Do not expect them to get back to you, you may have to call several times in order to receive their decision. Most of the time persistence pays.
Tap in to the Southern Miss student body to fill your part-time employment needs!
The primary goals of our department are to acquaint students with a variety of employment opportunities and to assist employers in their search for qualified students to fill their positions.
Employers can post and manage all part-time jobs via our online career center, Eagle Employment. You have the freedom to create, edit and manage all of your part-time employment opportunities on the internet.
Setting up an Eagle Employment account is easy:
To begin, click Employer Login found above.
If you do not have an account on Eagle Employment, then you will need to click “Create an Eagle Employment Account.” You will then be asked to search for your company (or department).
If your company (or department) exists, then you can proceed and add yourself as a new contact. You can then begin creating and viewing your jobs.
If your company or department does not have an existing account, you will need to create one. This step will take about 10-15 minutes and provides us with necessary information about your organization.
Once you have completed this step, you can then post your position(s
Post Your Job Opportunities
Once you have created your account, hover over the “Jobs” tab and select “New Job.” From here, you will be able to describe and classify your position(s).
If you have questions or need assistance please feel free to contact Student Employment at 601.266.4153
Report A Placement
The Job Location and Development program (JLD) that allows Student Employment to provide this service is federally funded, so it is imperative that we track our student placements in off-campus positions. You can report a hire through your Eagle Employment account, under “Quick Links,” or call or e-mail our office with the name the student you hired.