Associate Dean College of Science & Technology, Professor
B.A. Chemistry; The University of Tennessee @ Chattanooga (1962)
Ph.D. Organic Chemistry; The University of Georgia (1974)
Post-doc.; The University of North Texas (1974-5)
- Synthesis of Natural Products
- Diels-Alder Reactions
- Richard K. Hill & N. Dale Ledford, “The Mechanism of the Abnormal Michael Reaction between Ethyl Cyanoacetate and 3-Methyl-2-cyclohexenone.” J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 97, 666-667.
- James L. Marshall & N. Dale Ledford, “Alternate Pi Bond Routes for Carbon-13/Carbon-13 Spin-Spin Coupling - - Hyperconjugative Sigma-Pi Non-Classical p-p Interactions.” Spectroscopy Letters, 9(12), 877-880.
- James L. Marshall & N. Dale Ledford, “Conformational Analysis of 1,4-Cyclohexadienes, Carbon-Proton Spin-Spin Coupling Constants in Dihydroaromatic Carboxylic Acids.” J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 99, 321-325.
- M. Barfield, J. L. Marshall, N. Dale Ledford, et.al., “Nuclear Spin-Spin Coupling via Non-bonded Interactions. Importance of Bridgehead Interactions on Vicinal Carbon-13/Carbon-13 Coupling Constants in Bicyclicalkanes”. J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 102, 3355-3359.
- Richard K. Hill, N. Dale Ledford, & L.A. Renbaum, “A Convenient Preparation of Deuterated Uracils and Dihydrouracils”. J. Labeled Compounds and Radiopharmaceuticals, 22, 143-148.
- N. Dale Ledford, M. Barfield, C. R. Cutcliff, & H. B. Wood Jr., “A Convenient Synthesis of (dl)-1-Amino-4-Carboxycyclohexane-C-13-Carboxylic Acid”. Organic Preparations & Procedures International, 19(3), 209-214.