Call for Breakout Session and Poster Proposals
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE HAS PASSED. THANKS TO ALL THAT SUBMITTED- WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF YOUR SUBMISSION STATUS ON OR BEFORE NOVEMBER 28, 2014.
We invite abstracts (of approximately 250 words) for 45-60 minute breakout sessions or poster presentation proposals that are of professional interest to our attendees (teachers and librarians from across the nation).
Proposals are selected via blind review. Authors of accepted proposals will receive notification via email on or before November 28, 2014.
Feedback from previous festivals indicated a strong interest in the following:
- Common Core
- Public Libraries
- School Libraries
- Community Outreach
- How to Get Published
- Best New Books
- Technology/Social Media
The following information must be submitted via the online application:
- Submit a proposal including title, session proposer (with full contact information), name of presenter(s), and abstract.
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) summary of your session (workshops only)
- Provide an abstract (250 words)
- Provide a brief (3-4 sentence) bio of session presenter(s)
- Presenters are responsible for handouts and other materials required for their session. Attendees enjoy handouts- and although it is difficult to estimate attendence we recommend having no less than 40 per session. Highest-attended sessions have had up to 85 attendees.
- Poster presentations will be provided with an easel, 48"x36" bulletin board background for attaching poster. You may request a table if you prefer to set up a table display.
- Accepted workshops receive complimentary registration to the festival (luncheons not included).
- Accepted poster presentations do not receive complimentary registration are required to register for the festival.
Posters are used at conferences to reach a wide audience in a short amount of time. People come by and talk briefly with you about the topic and typically leave with a handout. The poster boils the most important information down in an eye-catching display with the handout filling in the details. Poster example (PDF)
Deadline for Submission
November 3, 2014
Notification of Acceptance
November 28, 2014