Nomination Rules and Regulations
Thank you for your interest in the Magnolia Award: Mississippi's Children's Choice Book Award. We are currently taking suggestions for the 2013 Magnolia Award nominees.
Before you submit your suggestions, please read the following limitations on books that the Nominating Committee will consider. When you are ready to make your suggestions, they may be submitted via email to Judy Card.
- Who can make a suggestion? Suggestions for nominations can come from any adult.
- Age range: Please submit titles in the following categories: Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-8, Grades 9-12. Be sure to indicate within which category a title is suggested.
- Format: Any genre or format (chapter or picture book) is acceptable. This includes non-fiction.
- Publication date: Suggested titles should have been published within the past 2 years.
- Reprint titles: Reprints of English language titles are not eligible. However, if a title was first published in another language, the English translation will be considered if the publication date is within the past 2 years.
- Qualifications: Books included on the final list must have been reviewed in at least 2 professional journals such as School Library Journal, Horn Book , VOYA, Booklist, Publishers Weekly.
- National Award books: Books that have won a national award (Caldecott, Newbery, Sibert, Coretta Scott King, Pura Belpre, or National Book Award) are not eligible for the Magnolia Award. However, Honor books will be considered.
- Author/Illustrator: Either the author or illustrator must be living.
- Deadline for making suggestions: September 30.
- Submitting suggestions: Suggestions are accepted via email to Judy Card.