Director of Technology Finance and Administration
Strickland received a bachelor’s degree in computer science/data processing (accounting emphasis) from The University of Southern Mississippi. She has completed several technical certifications including certified Microsoft System engineer, certified Novell administrator and certified Lotus Notes specialist.
Her experience includes positions as cost analyst at Southern Miss; Help Desk support, system administrator and technical project manager at Texaco Exploration and Production Inc. in New Orleans, La.; Help Desk manager at Sunbeam Household Products; service delivery manager over mid-range/AS400 administration, network administration, telephony administration, server administration, workflow management, Help Desk, procurement, change control, project management and asset management inventory with Computer Sciences Corporation; director, Technology Infrastructure Unit over network administration, telephony administration, server administration and desktop support at Southern Miss; director, Planning and Development Unit over project management, strategic planning, training and presentation services, interactive video network, equipment services and computer labs; and Director, Technology Finance and Administration over technology procurement, technology billing and technology property accounting.
While working at Texaco, Strickland was presented with the STARQuest award. An employee is nominated for the award by their peers, and the award recognizes employees for their contributions for saving/earning money, reducing cycle time, improving Texaco’s image and/or other contributions. The award was granted for her outstanding contribution in reducing cycle time with the implementation of Lotus Notes.
What does the Director of Technology Finance and Administration do?
- Supervises the activities performed in financial planning, procurement, billing and accounting functions
- Prepares and disseminates information related to IT budget requirements, resources, issues, choices and impact of budget decisions
- Produces data to show progress and challenges for the team.
List of accomplishments while at Southern Miss:
- Established new process for internal controls to track accuracy for financial records in iTech, identifying actual expenditures and forecasts
- Contributed and organized The University of Southern Mississippi's first IT governance process
- Developed FTE reporting mechanism to identify where time is being spent in each area funded in iTech