Child Externalizing Behaviors Lab
For Dr. Barry's full Curriculum Vitae, click click here >
*Denotes thesis, dissertation, or other student project that I supervised (student is first author).
- Barry, T. D., Pinard, F. A., Barry, C. T., Garland, B. H., & Lyman, R. D. (2011). The utility of home problem pervasiveness and severity in classifying children identified with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 42, 152-165. PDF of article.
- Marcus, D. K., & Barry, T. D. (2011). Does attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder have a dimensional latent structure: A taxometric analysis. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 120, 427-442. PDF of article.
- *Walker, A. N., Barry, T. D., & Bader, S. H. (2010). Therapist and parent ratings of changes in adaptive social skills following a summer treatment camp for children with autism spectrum disorders: A preliminary study. Child Care and Youth Forum, 39, 305-322. PDF of article
- Barry, T. D., Dunlap, S. T., Lochman, J. E., & Wells, K. C. (2009). Inconsistent discipline as a mediator between maternal distress and aggression in boys. Child and Family Behavior Therapy, 31, 1-19. PDF of article.
- Barry, T. D., Barry, C. T., Deming, A., & Lochman, J. E. (2008). Stability of psychopathic characteristics in childhood: The influence of social relationships. Criminal Justice and Behavior, 35, 244-262. PDF of article.
- Barry, T. D., Thompson, A. R., Barry, C. T., Lochman, J. E., Adler, K., & Hill, K. R. (2007). The importance of narcissism in predicting proactive and reactive aggression in moderately to highly aggressive children. Aggressive Behavior, 33, 185-197. PDF of article.
- Pardini, D. A., Barry, T. D., Barth, J. M., Lochman, J. E., & Wells, K. C. (2006). Self-perceived social acceptance and peer social standing in children with aggressive-disruptive behaviors. Social Development, 15, 46-64. PDF of article.
- Barry, T. D., Dunlap, S. T., Cotten, S. J., Lochman, J. E., & Wells, K. C. (2005). The influence of maternal stress and distress on disruptive behavior problems in boys. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 44, 265-273. PDF of article.
- Barry, T. D., Klinger, L. G., Lee, J. M., Palardy, N., Gilmore, T., & Bodin, S. D. (2003). Examining the effectiveness of an outpatient clinic-based social skills group for high-functioning children with autism. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 33, 685-701. PDF of article.
- Williams, S. C., Lochman, J. E., Phillips, N. C., & Barry, T. D. (2003). Aggressive and non-aggressive boys’ physiological and cognitive processes in response to peer provocations. Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology, 32, 568-576. PDF of article.
- Barry, T. D., Lyman, R. D., & Klinger, L. G. (2002). Academic underachievement and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: The negative impact of symptom severity on school performance. Journal of School Psychology, 40, 259-283. PDF of article.
- Barry, C. T., Kerig, P. K, Stellwagen, K. K., & Barry, T. D. (Eds.). (2011). Narcissism and Machiavellianism in youth: Implications for the development of adaptive and maladaptive behavior. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. More information >
- Barry, T. D., Bader, S. H., & Tomeny, T. S. (2010). Enhancing communication in children with an autism spectrum disorder. In F. A. Karnes & K. R. Stephens (Eds.), The practical strategies series in autism education. Austin, TX: Prufrock Press. More information >
- Barry, T. D.(2009). An introduction to children with autism. In F. A. Karnes & K. R. Stephens (Eds.), The practical strategies series in autism education. Austin, TX: Prufrock Press. More information >