Child Health and Development Lab
- Williams, N.A., Fournier, J., Coday, M., Richey, P.A., Tylavsky, F.A., and Hare, M. Body esteem, peer difficulties, and perceptions of physical health in overweight and obese urban children ages 5 to 7 years. (2012). Child: Care, Health, and Development. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2214.2012.01401.x. [Epub ahead of print]
- Hare, M., Coday, M., Williams, N.A., Tylavsky, F.A., Richey, P.A., Somes, G., and Bush, A. (2012). Design and baseline results for the Positive Lifestyles for Active Youngsters (Team PLAY) trial. Contemporary Clinical Trials 33(3), 534–549.
- Klesges L., Williams, N.A., Davis, K., Buscemi, J., & Kitzmann, K. (2012). Extent of pragmatic results reported in behavioral treatment of childhood obesity research studies: A systematic review. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 42(2), 185-92.
- Williams, N.A., Allen, M.T., & Phipps, S. (2011). Adaptive style and physiological reactivity during a laboratory stress paradigm in children with cancer and healthy controls. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 34(5), 372-80.
- Williams, N.A., Coday, M., Somes, G., Tylavsky, F.A., Richey, P.A., and Hare, M. (2010). Risk factors for poor attendance in a family-based pediatric obesity intervention program for young children. Journal of Developmental & Behavioral Pediatrics, 31, 705-712.
- Williams, N.A., Davis, G., Hancock, M., & Phipps, S. (2010). Optimism and pessimism in children with cancer and healthy controls: Confirmatory factor analysis of the Youth Life Orientation Test and relations with health-related quality of life. Journal of Pediatric Psychology, 35, 672-682.
- Williams, N.A., Parra, G.R. & Elkin, T.D. (2009). Parenting children with food allergy: Preliminary development of a measure assessing child-rearing behaviors in the context of pediatric food allergy. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, 103, 140-145.
- Williams, N.A., Parra, G.R. & Elkin, T.D. (2009). Subjective distress and emotional resources in parents of children with food allergy. Children’s Health Care, 38, 213-227.