Upcoming Deadlines and Due Dates
General Program Deadlines and Due Dates for Summer 2014
- Your Annual Student Activity Report (SAR) and CV are due to Tammy Barry by Friday, June 6, at 12:00 noon (a hard copy of each, with your major professor's approval). Also, submit an e-copy of each to your major professor. Click here > for the link to the SAR (under Program Forms and Resources).
- Travel grant applications are due to Sara Jordan by Tuesday, July 29, at 5:00 PM. Click here > for a travel grant application.
- Supervisor evaluations for clinical externships (paid or unpaid) as well as paid research, teaching, or graduate assistantships are due to Tammy Barry by Wednesday, July 30, at 9:00 AM. An email will be posted to the listserv with forms and details.
- Student evaluations of PSY 782 practicum supervisors are due by Wednesday, August 13, at 5:00 PM. An email will be posted to the listserv with the link for the anonymous survey or click here > to access it. Please do not complete the survey until after the final supervision meeting of the semester.
- REMINDER: Thesis/dissertation grants are accepted on an ongoing, rolling basis and will be considered when submitted. Click here > for a thesis/dissertation grant application.
Program Milestone Deadlines that Occur in Summer 2014
August 1, 2014:
- SECOND years have a suggested guideline to have final thesis defense by this date, but there is no consequence if not met.
- THIRD years who have not successfully defended the thesis have a termination review; if the student is allowed to remain in the program, a new remediation plan is developed. Barring extraordinary circumstances, class registration beyond thesis is prohibited, and funding is withdrawn.
August 31, 2014:
- FIRST years who have not successfully completed the thesis prospectus have a status change to fails to meet expectations and a formal remediation plan is developed.
September 1, 2014:
- Students applying for INTERNSHIP must have their dissertation proposal distributed to their committee (subsequently, proposal meetings must be held/passed by October 1st). Students failing to meet these deadlines cannot apply for internship.
- FIFTH year students who have not successfully proposed the dissertation have a status change to fails to meet expectations and a formal remediation plan is developed.
- SIXTH year students who have not successfully proposed the dissertation have a termination review; if the student is allowed to remain in the program, a new remediation plan is developed.
- June 23, 2014: For AUGUST 2014 graduates, submit results of oral defense form (thesis or dissertation) to the Graduate School.
- June 30, 2014: For AUGUST 2014 graduates, submit hard copy (regular paper) of thesis or dissertation for proofing as well as two (2) copies of the signed title pages (black ink, cotton paper) to the Graduate Reader.
- July 11, 2014: For DECEMBER 2014 graduates, (a) submit application for degree, exit survey, and receipt for fee payment to the Graduate School; (b) submit Contact Graduate Reader Form (online); and (c) email title page to email@example.com for approval. Your plan of study should be on file; if not, file it with the Graduate School. You should already have turned in your dissertation proposal meeting approval form to the Graduate School prior to this time (after your dissertation proposal meeting). Per the Degree Auditor, you do NOT need to submit a transcript/degree progress report.
- July 30, 2014: For AUGUST 2014 graduates earning Ph.D., submit final copies of dissertation (cotton paper) to the Graduate Reader.
- August 1, 2014: For AUGUST 2014 graduates earning M.A., submit final copies of thesis (cotton paper) to the Graduate Reader.