CIDA Student Achievement Data
The University of Southern Mississippi
Bachelor of Science in Interior Design
In accordance with the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) accreditation requirements, the Southern Miss Interior Design Program collects and publishes information regarding student achievement including aggregate data addressing attrition and retention, graduation rates, job placement rates, and acceptance into graduate programs.
Job Placement Rates for Recent Graduates:
- 72% of the students that graduated in May 2014 were employed in a design firm by May 1, 2014 (before they graduated).
- 91% of students that graduated in May 2013 were employed in a design related position by Jan. 1st of 2014.
Graduate School Acceptance Rate:
- 100% of graduates from the May 2011 and 2012 graduating classes who applied to graduate school were accepted. No graduates from 2013 and 2014 have applied to graduate school.
- Recent graduates (2011-present) are currently attending Florida State University and Stephen F. Austin University earning a M.S. Degree in Interior Design.
- 88 % of students who entered the junior level studio courses in fall 2012 graduated in May 2014.
- 71 % of the students from the class of 2014 graduated in 4 years.
- 50% of the students from the class of 2013 graduated in 4 years.
- 100% of interior design majors enrolled during the 2014 spring semester are returning for the fall 2014 semester to continue their degree program in Interior Design, putting attrition at 0%.
- 77% of interior design majors enrolled during the 2013 spring semester returned for the fall 2013 semester to continue their degree program in Interior Design, putting attrition at 23%.