Department History

The predecessors to the Engineering Technology programs first appear in the 1957-58 general bulletin; Interior Design began in 1976.  In 2004, three synergetic programs separated from the School of Engineering Technology to form a new School of Construction (SoC); these are Architectural Engineering Technology (ACT), Construction Engineering Technology (BCT), and Industrial Engineering Technology (IET) with residential construction and logistics emphasis areas added in 2005 and 2007, respectively. In 2009 the Interior Design (ID) program was moved into the School of Construction. In fall 2009, a new Master of Science in Logistics, Trade and Transportation (MSLTT) was approved.