The Controller’s Office offers SOARFIN training classes called GLCOMBO (General Ledger Combo). The GLCOMBO training is divided into 3 courses that cover the following topics:
- Understanding the Budget String
- Budgets Overview
- Running and Understanding the Monthly Detail Report (MDR)
- Tips and In-Depth Discussion on Reconciling MDRs
- How To Setup Multiple MDRs to run concurrently
- Running, Understanding and Reconciling the Payroll Distribution Report (PDR)
- Prerequisite: Completion of GLCOMBO 1 & 2; comfortable with the topics/techniques covered in those courses.
- Detailed Discussion About Budget Strings
- Drilling Down for Detail in Budgets Overview
- How To Use Budgets Overview To Help Reconcile Your MDR and Other Tips for Resolving Discrepancies
- Departmental Deposit Report
- Tips and Discussion On Handling Budget Errors
To register for the GLCOMBO class, log-in to SOAR and use the following navigation:
- Self Service/USM Self Service/SOAR/SOARFIN Training
- From the drop down menu for Course Type, select SOARFIN Training and hit SEARCH
- Based on course date, select the course you would like to attend.
- Click on ENROLL IN CLASS
The GLCOMBO training class is conducted in the International Building, Room 102.
If you are unable to attend a group session, please contact Sally Downey, firstname.lastname@example.org, for other training options.