Disaster Preparedness Resources
Prepare, plan, and stay informed with Ready America
American Red Cross
- Telephone: 1.866.GET.INFO (1.866.438.4636).
- The American Red Cross provides a preparedness guide for persons with disabilities
- Rebuilding information
- Kids, parents, and teachers focussed information from FEMA.
- FEMA's "Ready" site
Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Resources for People interested in entering the Disaster Preparedness and Recovery field
- The University of Southern Mississippi School of Social Work Disaster certificate program
- How to be a volunteer mental health worker for the American Red Cross
- How to get FEMA training
- Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service
Keep track of the current weather activities.
Mississipppi Emergency Hotline - 2-1-1, the state's emergency hotline, will be dedicated to running the hurricane recovery effort. 2-1-1 will have information on processing large donations, volunteering and shelter information. Please dial 211 if you would like to ship large donations.
Mississippi Emergency Management Agency
For information on Mississippi disaster preparedness, evacuations, and donations, please visit www.msema.org.
Public Information Line: 866.519.MEMA.
Telephone: 1.800.222.MEMA (1.800.222.6362)