Housing - Home of Your Own (HOYO) Overview
Home ownership is the American dream—and this dream is no different for people with disabilities. Since 1997, Mississippi Home of Your Own (HOYO) has assisted almost 500 individuals with disabilities and their families in 61 Mississippi counties in realizing their dream of home ownership.
The HOYO Disability Housing Initiative gets the non-competitive funding from Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) to offer state wide (excluding entitlement cities) down payment assistance of up to $15,000 to eligible households with family members with a disability.
- Information and referral
- Pre-purchase homebuyer education and credit counseling
- Person-centered planning (interagency collaboration)
- Research of available options for funding sources for down payments and closing costs, home modification, and reserves
- Assistance in locating appropriate mortgage, home selection, inspection, and appraisal
- Individual counseling through the home-buying process
For more information, contact:
Coordinator for Housing Initiatives