HowTo - Common Software
Common IDS Software:
A note about Operating Systems and Printers:
It's important to download the right driver for your specific Operating System.
How can I tell which Operating System I have?
- Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
- Look under Windows edition for the version and edition of Windows that your PC is running.
- Click on the Apple Logo in the left corner.
- Click on "About This Mac".
Printers at IDS
Canon Image Runner C5052
For other Operating Systems check the Canon site directly.
- OCE Printer Drivers for XP-Win7-32bit-64bit
- OCE Printer Drivers for Mac
- OCE Box Operator for Win 7 32-bit
- OCE Box Operator for Win 7 64-bit
Random but awesome software tools:
- BurnAware - CD and DVD Burning Software NOTE: Do the custom install and uncheck all options.
- Image viewer IrfanView
- Virtual Remote Viewer VNC
- NitroPDF A great tool to fill in forms or make general notes on PDFs.
- PDF Shaper Enables you to add or extract pages. (Formal Permission to use at IDS)
- Convert PDF to Word (online)
- Zip Genious
- Combofix (Call Rich before using this.)
- File Encryption with XTY
- FreeMake Video Converter/Splitter utility
- Edraw Mind Map: a great diagram and flowchart tool
- SyncBackFree: Used to automate backups