TRIAD Americorps Overview
Training, Resources and Information for the Advancement of Disability (TRIAD) Service AmeriCorps is an inclusive service program through the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service.
TRIAD Service AmeriCorps focuses on assisting students with disabilities in the transition to adulthood. This transition includes national service, employment, postsecondary education, adult healthcare services and more.Training, Resources and Information for the Advancement of Disability (TRIAD) Service AmeriCorps, a program of the Institute for Disability Studies at The University of Southern Mississippi, is funded through the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service.
TRIAD Service AmeriCorps Program has three primary goals to assist these youth with disabilities with transition into adulthood by promoting
- a healthy transition from pediatric services to adult-focused medical services
- postsecondary education
- employment opportunities.
A total of 20 TRIAD Service AmeriCorps members, youth and young adults with and without disabilities, are included in this program. These members are participating in a variety of activities including
- health education training on how to select and transition to an adult medical provider
- job training activities such as how to dress for success, resume development, interviewing skills and others
- mentoring opportunities
- recreational events such as group outings, attending sports events, and clinics.