A Way Home
Funded by HUD’s COC Supportive Housing Program (SHP)
A Way Home will provide permanent housing to eligible consumers with disabilities who are homeless. Staff will assist them in locating, obtaining and maintaining permanent housing with the goal of ending homelessness in Mississippi. Target Areas: Forrest, Lee, and Yazoo County
A Way Home will serve 7 individuals and/or families in a one year period.
Project Goals: Obtain and remain in permanent housing, increase skills and/or income and achieve greater self- determination.
- Applicant or household member must have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). A person is considered to have a disability; if he/she has a record of a disability or is regarded as having a disability.
- Applicant must meet HUD’s definition of homeless as follows:
- Literally homeless
- Imminently risk of homelessness
- Homeless under other Federal Status
- Fleeing/Attempting to flee domestic violence
- Documentation is required for each Program Applicant on homelessness and disability status
- Case management
- Credit Counseling
- Budget Counseling
- Supportive employment service referrals
- Individualized and/or group renter education
- Referrals for community services and supports
|For more information, contact:|