A variety of pediatric therapeutic and educational services are provided by The Children's Center for Communication and Development. Although older preschoolers are typically served at The Children’s Center, individually or in small groups, approximately one-third are served in their homes, daycares, or other community settings. Each child, whether served at The Center, at home or at daycare, receives the benefit of the passionate and gifted transdisciplinary team, providing a comprehensive and customized education and therapy program designed to support his or her maximum potential.
The transdiciplinary team includes experienced early intervention specialists in speech-language pathology, early oral intervention, audiology, special education, behavioral therapy, physical therapy and occupational therapy.
No child is turned away based on disability. Appropriate space is available allowing any child ruled eligible by the Mississippi Department of Education to be enrolled in The Children’s Center. If we cannot meet a child's needs, alternative locations or arrangements may be determined.
Services Provided by The Children's Center
- Communication and developmental screenings
- Comprehensive developmental assessments
- Assistive technology/augmentative communication training
- Speech-language therapy
- Early Oral Intervention
- Special education
- Physical therapy
- Instructional intervention for at-risk infants
- Occupational therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Hearing evaluations
- Preprofessional and professional training
- Outreach and technical assistance for teachers and service providers
- Resource loan library
- Parent education and support