BTLE resources available to students:
- Website: Practice test, video tutorial, and list of skills tested on BTLE
- 30 minutes prior to start of test: GA available to answer any questions and provide guidance for tested skills
- Prior to start of test for all test takers: Oral review of test instructions, tutorial given for common mistakes students commit (e.g., how to save a folder, how to print a Power point presentation, etc.)
- In testing: Access to “Help” features, access to Internet resources
- IT 201 (Introduction to Educational Technology): introduces students to the concepts and principles of using a computer as an instructional tool with special emphasis on application software use and the Internet. The final exam is the Basic Technology Literacy Exam (BTLE), and the pass rate is 100% for education majors.
For further information, please see http://www.usm.edu/btle