Supplemental endorsements may be added to teacher certification by passing the Praxis II or by completing additional coursework.
VIA PRAXIS II: Supplemental endorsements may be added to teacher certification by passing the Praxis II. A full list can be found on the MDE website.
VIA COURSEWORK: The Professional Education Unit at The University of Southern Mississippi offers the following supplemental endorsements to teacher licensure via coursework. Course requirements for supplemental endorsements (minimum of 21 semester credit hours) can be found on the MDE website here. In some instances, USM requires specific courses for some supplemental endorsements; see links below for more detailed information. For the supplemental endorsements that require specific courses from USM, the USM Office of Educator Licensure must recommend those students. For more information, contact 601-266-5522.
- Computer Applications
- Computer/Technology Education
- Cooperative Education
- Driver's Education
- English as a Second Language
- Gifted Education
- Health Education
- Physical Science
- Reading K-12
- Special Education - Emotional Disability
- Special Education - Mild/Moderate Disability Grades 7-12
- Special Education - Mild/Moderate Disability Grades K-12
- Special Education - Severe/Profound
- Technology Education
- Vocational Family and Consumer Science