Missing Links in Academics
Learn multisensory techniques and advanced decoding skills for teaching the National Reading Panel five areas of reading.
PROGRAM WILL COVER
- Multisensory techniques for teaching the National Reading Panel five areas of reading,
- Syllable types and syllable division rules, and
- The use of morphemes as a way of increasing vocabulary knowledge.
PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR
- Second through eighth-grade teachers (general and special education),
- Reading specialists, and
- Speech-language pathologists.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
This seminar is offered for 1.2 Southern Miss educator and 1.2 ASHA
speech-language pathologist/audiologist (intermediate level, professional area) CEUs.
Characteristics of Language Disorders
Phonological and Phonemic Awareness
Spelling Analyzation and Fingerspelling
|Syllable Division and Spelling Patterns|
Extra Practice for Spelling Analyzation
Extra Practice for Syllable Division
Review Day 1 Material
|Spelling Analyzation using Syllabication|
Using Morphology to Learn Vocabulary and
|Fitzgerald Key—Structuring Sentence and |
Semantics and Syntax
|2:15-3:45 p.m.||Text Analyzation|