Certificate in CASINO Management
Frequently Asked Questions
When can I start?
- The certification will be available beginning Fall 2012
Do I have to take the courses in order?
- TM 378 is the prerequisite for the remaining courses so it must be taken first. It is not necessary to take the remaining courses in order but highly recommended
What is the cost?
- Current University rate for an undergraduate 3-credit hour course ($732 for 2012-2013)
Do I need any special equipment or software?
- Students can access the class through the internet from any computer with internet access. Most courses require use of word processing or spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office is preferred). Other requirements for use of Eagle Learning Online are available on the website at www.usm.edu/elo.
Who teaches the courses?
- The faculty are a combination of full-time faculty in the CHTM department and adjunct faculty with teaching and professional expertise and experience in casino resort management.
How do I go through the proctoring process?
- Before sitting for the proctored comprehensive examination, must submit to the CHTM department unofficial transcript to verify successful coursework completion
- Follow University proctoring process defined in http://www.usm.edu/lec/proctoring/
How do I get my Certificate?
- Student will be responsible for submitting to CHTM department an official transcript documenting successful completion of coursework and comprehensive examination.
- CHTM department will audit each student for certificate verification.
- Once verified, the CHTM department will send notification of certificate completion to the Registrar’s Office.
- Upon receipt of the certificate verification, the Registrar’s Office will award the certificate that will be send to the CHTM department for mail out to the student.