EARN A DEGREE
FROM SOUTHERN MISS
Applying to the Executive Master of Public Health program is two-step process, which includes applying to the University’s Graduate School and the Executive MPH program.
Items that need to be completed for the Graduate School include:
- A completed Graduate School Application and $50.00 application fee
- Official transcripts from every higher education institution attended (with the exception of The University of Southern Mississippi; these transcripts are already on file)
- Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicants must have at least a bachelor’s degree
- Official immunization records (two doses of MMR are required)
- Official GRE, GMAT or MCAT scores
Items that need to be completed for the Executive MPH program include:
- A completed Executive MPH Information Form
- Three letters of reference
- Letters of reference from individuals qualified to assess your academic/professional potential, preferable one from your current manager/supervisor
- Professional Resume or CV
- Typewritten essay (approximately 500 words) addressing:
- Your career objectives and how the Executive MPH course offerings leading to the MPH will help in reaching them;
- A description of how your career has progressed to this point; and
- Your personal view of the current status of our health care system
Once all items are received by the Graduate School and the Executive MPH program, the Executive MPH Admissions Panel will review your file and determine your eligibility for the program. If the Panel determines that you are eligible for the program, you will be contacted by an Executive MPH faculty or staff member to set up an on-campus interview. Following the completion of your interview, a final admission decision will be made; all applicants will be notified by mail.
The Executive Master of Public Health program admits one cohort of 25 highly-qualified students each fall. The program does not admit students in the spring and summer terms.
All application materials must be received by July 15 for fall term admission.