- Successful completion of a minimum of thirty (30) hours in graduate-level courses (18 hours 600 level or higher) as follows:
- Minimum of twenty (20) hours with the prefix ED.
- Demonstrated proficiency (through coursework and/or the comprehensive exam) in economic development research, theory, and practice.
- At least four (4) hours of apprenticeship/internship (ED 791).
- Successful completion of a comprehensive written or oral examination.
- Completion of one of two curriculum options as follows:
- Thesis option
- ED 698 (3 hours)
- Acceptance of valid thesis topic
- Formation of thesis committee prior to last semester of study
- Non-Thesis option
- ED 789 Capstone Project (3 hours)
- A 3.0 GPA is required for graduation.
- Continuous Enrollment Requirement: Students must meet the requirement specified in the front section of Graduate Bulletin.