- Submit all required materials to department.
- Submit application, transcripts, GRE, and immunization reports to Graduate School (www.usm.edu/graduateschool ).
- Contact department to make sure application is complete and that ELSC has your contact information.
- The department’s admission committee member will contact you for an interview and writing sample.
- Once the admissions committee determines your eligibility, your admission paperwork will be processed.
- You will receive an email from the Graduate School notifying you of your admission status.
Criteria for Entering EDA Master’s Program
Applications for admission are evaluated by a combination of the following criteria:
- Letter of application for the appropriate program*
- Statement of goals*
- Current resume including name, mailing address, phone number, and email address *
- Copies of Teaching Certificates and verification of years of experience*
- Copies of documentation of professional development activities: graduate classes, seminars, continuing education, workshops, in-service certificates. Demonstrate your continuing education and creativity.*
- Statement of philosophy of education (limited to 1 typed page, 12 font)*
- A description of the classes taught recently: an outline of teaching area/areas, grade level(s), class content, teaching style*
- Example(s) of student work (please limit to 5 examples)*
*These items must be included in your portfolio. A current administrator may make the portfolio materials applicable to current job position.
- Copies of recent lesson and unit plans and the assessment(s) used
- Examples of assessment techniques
- Student comments and parent letters
- Evidence of reflections on good teaching practices
- Technology uses/involvement/abilities
- Peer observations, comments, letters of commendations
- Teaching evaluation comments, administrator comments
- Special skills: languages, music, art, other
- Community service: volunteer work, leadership roles, service organizations
- Involvement in professional organizations
- School and/or district activities/projects: letters of appreciation, evidence of committee work
- Copies of honors/awards
- Letter of Application/Cover Letter
- Teaching License
- Teaching Experience of 2-3 years
- Three Letters of Recommendation [2 from supervising administrators; 1 candidate choice]
- Application submitted to Graduate School
- Personal Information Form