- Spring Semester (Application Deadline: September 1)
- Summer Semester (Application Deadline: February 1)
- Fall Semester (Application Deadline: February 1)
- Admitted to Southern Miss as an undergraduate student
- Must be in good academic standing at Southern Miss, i.e., cannot be on probation, probation continued or suspension
- Graduated from an associate degree program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Earned at least a 'C' in each prerequisite course.
- Earned at least a 'C' in each nursing course from the associate degree in nursing program or diploma program.
- May only repeat/retake one required science prerequisite course one time
- May only repeat/retake one associate degree/diploma nursing course one time
- Successfully completed all prerequisite courses before beginning courses in the RN-BSN Program
- At the time of application, approximately 75% of the required prerequisite courses, including 3 of the 5 prerequisite science courses must be completed
- Professional: Current unrestricted Mississippi RN license*; current CPR certification*; Criminal Background Check and/or affidavit
Prospective students should contact RN-BSN advisor for transcript evaluation before applying for admission into the RN-BSN Program.
Once accepted into the program, provides a written copy of the following health and professional-related information to the College of Nursing:
- Health: Physical examination (Southern Miss Form); current TB test* and immunizations (MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, Tdap)
- Once admitted, a controlled drug screen will be required. Negative results will enable the student to progress in the nursing program