We all have a thirst for knowledge. But only some of us have an eagerness to share it. Make teaching your profession.
Basic Technology Literacy Exam (BTLE)
All students applying for admission to Professional Education at The University of Southern Mississippi have been required to obtain a passing score on each of the five modules of the Basic Technology Literacy Exam. The five modules consist of word processing, spreadsheet, telecommunications, presentation, and database.
For full information on the BTLE, class schedules, FAQ’s and exam times, please visit http://www.usm.edu/btle/.
To receive your GoldCard, you must meet the following criteria:
- GPA of 2.65 or better on the 44 hour core coursework
- ACT composite of 21 or higher with no scale score below 18
- OR an SAT of 860 (verbal and quantitative) upon entrance into college
- OR acceptable scores on the PRAXIS I: (Minimum Score Reading 170, Writing 172, and Mathematics 169)
- Passing score on the Basic Technology Literacy Exam (BTLE)