Non-Degree Graduate Enrollment
If you are interested in taking a graduate course through the English Department but have not been admitted into the graduate program, you may take up to six hours (2 classes) as a non-degree seeking student. All non-degree classes require prior approval from the graduate director, must be at the 500- or 600- level, and are subject to availability.
PROCEDURE FOR NON-DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS
1. Meet with the English department Director of Graduate Studies (DGS) to discuss your request and to review approved course options. (E-mail Dr. Monika Gehlawat or call 601-266-4070 for an appointment).
2. If approved by the DGS to take a graduate course, complete the non-degree enrollment form, sign it, and have it signed by the DGS.
3. Fill out a non-degree application to the Graduate School.
4. Submit the signed non-degree enrollment form, the non-degree application, proof of undergraduate degree, and a $50 application fee to the Office of Graduate Studies, McCain Library 211. The Graduate School will provide the remaining two signatures and will register you for the approved course when registration opens for the next semester. (Check registration windows here.)
* If you are taking more than one non-degree course, please note that a separate non-degree enrollment form must be filled out for each course.
** Also note that you must apply for re-admission if you return to the University after one or more semesters’ absence.