Publication and Awards - Luis Iglesias
- “Race and the Sea: The Black Sailor in Cooper’s Sea Novels.” James Fenimore Cooper Society Newsletter 23.3 (Fall 2012) 5-8 (double column).
- “Pirates, Patriots, and the Mexican War: Jack Tier and Cooper’s Argument with the Nation. Literature in the Early American Republic. AMS. Volume 3 (March, 2011). 173-196.
- “A Precautionary Beginning.” James Fenimore Cooper Society Newsletter 21.3 (Winter 2010). 8 (double column).
- “‘And yet he may be our man’: The Cross-dressing Sailor in Cooper’s Early Sea Novels.” Nineteenth Century Literature. University of California Press. 65.3 (Winter, 2010): 283-314.
- “Pirates and Pocket Handerkerchiefs: Cooper and Magazine Copyright in the 1840s.” with Matthew Wynn Sivils. James Fenimore Cooper Society Newsletter 21.2(Fall 2010): 1, 7-9 (double column).
- “Transatlantic History and American Nationalism in James Fenimore Cooper’s The Red Rover.” The Nautilus: A Maritime Journal of Literature, History, and Culture Volume 1 (Spring, 2010): 15-30.
- Historical and Textual Editor, Jack Tier, James Fenimore Cooper Edition Project. AMS Press, NY. Forthcoming.
- The Southern Quarterly. Special Issue: “The South in a Global Context.” Guest Editor. 46.3 (Spring 2009).
- Review of Afloat and Ashore, Scholarly Edition, Thomas and Marianna Philbrick, eds. Resources for America Literary Studies, AMS Press. No. 32 (2009).
- Global Crossroads: A World Literature Reader. Revised Edition. Introduced and Co- edited with Michael Mays & Linda Pierce. Southlake, TX: Fountainhead Press, 2008.
- “‘Keen-eye’d critic of the Ocean’: James Fenimore Cooper and the Invention of the American Sea Novel” Papers of the James Fenimore Cooper Society (Fall 2006)
- “A Soliloquy ‘Lately Spoken at the African Grove Theater’: Race and the Public Sphere in New York City, 1821” (written with Michael Warner, Natasha Hurley, Jeffery Scraba, and Sandra Young). American Literature. 73.1 (March 2001) 1-46.
- "Narrating History in Precaution: The Genre of Masculine Sentimentality." James Fenimore Cooper Society Miscellaneous Papers 30 (December 2013) 13-16.
- Global Crossroads: A World Literature Reader, Newly Revised Edition. Luis A. Iglesias, General Editor. Fountainhead Press, 2014.
- Sigma Tau Delta, International English Honor Society Faculty Sponsor Recognition, 2011
- Faculty Senate/University President Award for Junior Faculty Teaching, 2010.
- Vice President of the James Fenimore Cooper Society, Cooperstown, NY.