Publications and Awards - Charles Sumner
ARTICLES AND REVIEWS
- “Wyndham Lewis’ Theory of Mass Culture,” The Space Between: A Journal of Literature and Culture, 1914-1945, Volume III:I, 2007.
- “Beauty Be Damned: On Why Adorno Valorizes Carrion, Stench, and Putrefaction,” Art and Life in Aestheticism: De-Humanizing and Re-Humanizing Art, the Artist, and the Artistic Receptor (Palgrave Macmillan, 2008).
- “Beauty and Damaged Life in the Short Fiction of Virginia Woolf,” The Journal of the Short Story in English, Spring 2008.
- “T.E. Hulme, Wyndham Lewis, and the Cultural Economics of Pre-War London,” Origins of English Literary Modernism (Academica Press, 2009).
- “Humanist Drama in A Clockwork Orange,” Yearbook of English Studies (forthcoming in 2011).
- “For Profit’s Sake! Don’t Look at that White Lady!” review of the Centennial edition of Native Son, in The Southern Quarterly, Winter 2008.
- Review of Joseph Millichap’s A Backward Glance: The Southern Renascence, the Autobiographical Epic, and the Classical Legacy, in The Arkansas Review, Winter 2009.