Publications and Awards - Ellen Weinauer
- American Culture, Canons, and the Case of Elizabeth Stoddard. Co-edited collection of essays with Robert McClure Smith. Tuscaloosa: University of Alabama Press, 2003.
- “Unquiet Unbelief: Hawthorne, Melville, and the Spirits.” Hawthorne and Melville: Writing Relationship. Eds. Jana Argersinger and Leland Person. Athens, GA: U of Georgia P, 2008. 297-320.
- “Women, Ownership, and Gothic Manhood in Pierre.” Melville and Women. Eds. Elizabeth Schultz and Haskell Springer. Kent, OH: Kent State University Press, 2006. 141-160.
- “Hawthorne and Race.” The Blackwell Companion to Herman Melville. Ed. Wyn Kelley. Blackwell, 2006. 327-341.
- “Elizabeth Stoddard.” American Writers, Supplement XIV. Ed. Jay Parini. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 2006. 269-291.
- “Writing Revolt in the Wake of Nat Turner: Frederick Douglass and the Construction of Black Domesticity in ‘The Heroic Slave.’” Studies in American Fiction 33 (2005): 193-202
- “Gothic Fiction.” American History through Literature, 1820-1870. 3 volumes. Eds. Janet Gabler-Hover and Robert D. Sattelmeyer. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons, 2005.
- “Considering Possession in The Scarlet Letter." The Scarlet Letter and Other Writings: The Norton Critical Edition. Ed. Leland Person. New York: W.W. Norton, 2005. Reprinted from Studies in American Fiction 29 (2001): 93-112.
- “Reconstructing Temple House.” American Culture, Canons, and the Case of Elizabeth Stoddard. Eds. Robert McClure Smith and Ellen Weinauer. Tuscaloosa, AL: University of Alabama Press, 2003. 232-264.
- “The Scarlet Letter.” American Writers Classics: Volume I. Ed. Jay Parini. New York: Scribners, 2003. 257-279.
- “The Romance Genre.” The Companion to Southern Literature. Eds. Joseph Flora and Lucinda MacKethan. Louisiana State UP, 2001. 744-750.
- Mississippi Humanities Council Teachers Award, 2006
- University of Southern Mississippi Excellence in Teaching Award, 2001