Publications and Awards - Jameela Lares
Paradise Lost, Books 11-12 in the series A Variorum Commentary on the Poems of John Milton, ed. Paul J. Klemp (Pittsburgh: Duquesne UP, 2012)
- Milton and the Preaching Arts (Pittsburgh: Duquesne University Press, and Cambridge: James Clarke & Co, 2001).
- Forthcoming: Edition and translation of Milton's Artis Logicae Plenior Institutio for the Clarendon edition of Milton's Complete Works (Oxford University Press), eds. Gordon Campbell and Thomas N. Corns.
ARTICLES AND REVIEWS
- “Rhetoric," "Quintilian," and "William Perkins," Milton Encyclopedia, ed. Thomas Corns (New Haven: Yale U P, 2012).
- “Bunyan’s Progress and Glanvill’s Stand: Narration and Stasis in Later Seventeenth-Century English Religious Discourse,” New Chapters in the History of Rhetoric, ed. Laurent Pernot, International Studies in the History of Rhetoric (Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2009), 565-73; repr. in Bulgarian, ed. Lilia Metiodeva (Sofia: U P of St. Kliment Oridski, 2010), 505-13.
- Forthcoming: "Milton's Artis Logicae Plenior Institutio in the Context of the Renaissance Trivium," A Concise Companion to the Study of Manuscripts, Printed Books, and the Production of Early Modern Texts: A Festschrift for Gordon Campbell, ed. Edward Jones (Wiley-Blackwell)
- Forthcoming: Review Essay on Milton and rhetoric for Rhetorica: A Journal of the History of Rhetoric.
Milton and the Bible, Approaches to Teaching Milton’s Shorter Poetry and Prose, ed. Peter C. Herman. New York: Modern Language Association, 2007. 110-113.
Review Essay: Negotiating the Labyrinth, (Digressive Voices in Early Modern Literature, Anne Cotterill), Huntington Library Quarterly 69 (2006): 631-36.
William Ames, British Rhetoricians and Logicians, 1500-1660, second series, ed. Edward Malone, Dictionary of Literary Biography 281 (Detroit: Bruccoli Clark Layman, 2003), 3-13.
Matthew Sutcliffe, British Rhetoricians and Logicians, 1500-1660, second series, ed. Edward Malone, Dictionary of Literary Biography 281 (Detroit: Bruccoli Clark Layman, 2003), 304-310.
Officium concionatoris (1676) and the Survival of Doctrines-and-Uses Preaching,@ Commemorative issue for John M. Steadman, Cithara 41 (2001): 37-49.
“Classical and Christian Conflicts in Keckermann’s De rhetoricae ecclesiasticae utilitate,”Advances in the History of Rhetoric 3 (1998): 57-66. Repr. Advances in the History of Rhetoric: The First Six Years. Ed. Richard Leo Enos and David E. Beard. Parlor Press, 2007.
“Arguments in Quintilian Against Rhetoric: John Milton and ‘Regenerate Reason,’” inQuintiliano: Historia y Actualidad de le Rétorica: Actas del Congreso Internacional, eds. Albaladejo, Del Rio and Cabellero, 3 vols. (Calahorra, Spain: Instituto de Estudios Riojanos, 1998), III:1373-1380.
"Milton and the 'Office of a Pulpit,'" Ben Jonson Journal 3 (1996): 109-126.
"Paradise Lost, XI and XII and the Homiletic Tradition," Milton Studies 34 (1996):99-116.
"Biblical Metaphor and the Development of Prose Style," Canadian Journal of Rhetorical Studies, 7 (1996): 83-93.
"Chaucer's Retractions: A 'Verray Parfit Penitence.'" Cithara 34 (1994): 18-33.
"Christian Knights and the Rhetoric of Religious Controversy, 1500-1800," in Rhetoric in the Vortex of Cultural Studies, ed. Arthur Walzer (Minneapolis: Burgess, 1993), 131-38.
"The Duchess of Malfi and Catherine of Valois," Notes and Queries, new series, 40 (1993): 208-211.
Review: A Concise Companion to Milton (Angelica Duran, editor), Milton Quarterly 43 (2009): 74-76.
“A Review of Elizabeth Sauer’s Plenary Lecture [at the 5th Triennial Intl. John Bunyan Society Conference]: ‘Milton, Bunyan, the Holy Nation, and Trials of Tolerance.’” The Recorder 14 (2008); 4.
“A Review of Peter Rudnytsky’s Plenary Lecture [at the 3rd Triennial Intl. John Bunyan Society Conference]: Dissociation and Decapitation.” The Recorder 8 (2002); 5-6.
Review: 'Paper-contestations' and Textual Communities in England, 1640-1675 (Elizabeth Sauer), Seventeenth-Century News 65 (2007): 141-44.
Review: Reforming Empire: Protestant Colonialism and Conscience in British Literature (Christopher Hodgkins), Christianity and Literature 53.4 (2004): 544-46.
Review: The English Sermon Revised: Religion, Literature and History 1600-1750 (Ed. Lori Anne Ferrell and Peter McCullough), Church History 72.3 (2003): 668-669.
Review: Milton and the Natural World: Science and Poetry in Paradise Lost (Karen L. Edwards), Journal of English and Germanic Philology 102 (2003): 160-162
Review: Representing Revolution in Milton and His Contemporaries: Religion, Politics, and Polemics in Radical Puritanism (David Loewenstein), Seventeenth-Century News 50 (2002): 202-205.
Review: Milton and the Natural World: Science and Poetry in “Paradise Lost” (Karen L. Edwards), Journal of English and Germanic Philology 102 (2003): 160-162
Review: Book and Verse: A Guide to Middle English Biblical Literature (James H. Morey), Church History 71 (2002): 651.
Review: "Pondering Oft": Lettura argomentativa del "Paradise Regained" di John Milton (Daniele Borgogni), Milton Quarterly 35 (2001): 57-59. Between the Ancients and the Moderns: Baroque Culture in Restoration England (Joseph M. Levine), History: Reviews of New Books 28.3 (2000): 117.
Review: Between the Ancients and the Moderns: Baroque Culture in Restoration England (Joseph M. Levine), History: Reviews of New Books 28.3 (2000): 117.
Mississippi Humanities Council Teacher of the Year for USM, 2013
Faculty Senate Excellence in Mentoring Award, 2012
College of Arts and Letters Excellence in Mentoring Award, 2011
Senior Research Fellowship, International Society for the History of Rhetoric, 2011
Aubrey K. and Ella Ginn Lucas Award for Faculty Excellence, 2000, 2005
William Andrews Clark Memorial Library Short-term Fellowships, 1997, 2000