Publications and Awards - Maureen Ryan
- The Other Side of Grief: The Home Front and the Aftermath in American Narratives of the Vietnam, The University of Massachusetts Press, 2008
ARTICLES AND REVIEWS
- “The Vietnam War and Literature,” in America and The Vietnam War: Re-examining the Culture and History of a Generation.Eds. Andrew Wiest, Mary Kathryn Barbier and Glenn Robins. Routledge, 2010. 208-228.
- “Interpreters of Violence: Novels and Memoirs about Female Journalists of the Vietnam War.” War, Literature and the Arts, Vol. 24. Fall 2012. 1-13. http://wlajournal.com/24_1/pdf/Ryan.pdf
- “The Books We Carry: Teaching the Vietnam War through Literature” in Understanding and Teaching the Vietnam War. Eds. John Day Tully, Matthew Masur and Brad Austin. University of Wisconsin Press, 2013. 111-126
- “Woodstock Nation: The Antiwar Movement in Postwar American Fiction.” War, Literature & the Arts, Vol. 14, Nos. 1 &2, Special Double Edition, 2002.
- "Outsiders with Inside Information: The Vietnamese in the Fiction of the Contemporary American South.” South to a New Place. Ed. Suzanne W. Jones and Sharon Monteith. Louisiana State University Press, 2002.
- FORTHCOMING; SPRING 2013"There's Something about the South," in Coming Home to Mississippi; Charline McCord & Judy Tucker, eds. University Press of Mississippi
- FORTCOMEING; SPRING 2013 “Cracks in the System: Children in Contemporary Narratives about the 1960s America.” War, Literature and the Arts. 2013. Vol. 25. Pp. 1-16
- University Excellence in Teaching Award 2013