Publications and Awards - Michael Mays
- Nation States: The Cultures of Irish Nationalism. Lexington Books, 2007. 225 Pages. Simultaneous hardcover and paperback editions.
- World War I and the Cultures of Modernity. Douglas Mackaman, co-editor. University Press of Mississippi, 2000; 2007, paperback.
- Global Crossroads: A World Literature Reader. Luis Iglesias and Linda Pierce, co-editors. Fountainhead Press, 2007.
ARTICLES AND REVIEWS
- “Cultural Nationalism and Modern Irish Literature.” Blackwell Companion to Irish Literature. Julia Wright, ed. Blackwell Publishing. 8000-word article, under contract. Forthcoming.
- “A Nation Once Again?: The Dislocations and Displacements of Irish National Memory.” Nineteenth-Century Contexts 27:2 (June 2005) 119-139.
- “Irish Identity in an Age of Globalization.” Irish Studies Review. 13:1 (February 2005) 3-12.
- “The Quickening of Modernity, 1914-1918.” Co-authored with Douglas Mackaman. In World War I and the Cultures of Modernity. Douglas Mackaman and Michael Mays, eds. University Press of Mississippi, 2000. 1-15.
- Review of Robert Frost and Northern Irish Poetry. Rachel Buxton. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004. Robert Frost Review, Number 15, Fall 2005.
- “Modern Irish Literature.” A course pack designed, edited and annotated for XanEdu, an academic division of Bell and Howell Industries. Http://www.xanedu.com. 2001.