Publications and Awards - Rachel Spear
ARTICLES & SELECTED CONFERENCE PRESENTATIONS
- “‘Let Me Tell You a Story’: On Teaching Trauma Narratives, Writing and Healing.” Pedagogy: Critical Approaches to Teaching Literature, Language, Composition, and Culture. Issue 14.2, December 2013.
- “Saving Self and Others in Telling: Stories, Survivor Rhetoric, and Social Change.” Northeast Modern Language Association (NeMLA) Convention. Rochester, NY. March 15-28, 2012.
- “More than Words: Writing the Wound.” NeMLA, Boston, MA. Feb. 25-March 1, 2009.
AWARDS & GRANTS
- UNCW Special Thanks And Reward (S.T.A.R.) Award, Student-Nominated Recognition, March 2012
- College of Arts & Sciences Cultural Activity Grant, UNCW, July 2011
- Ann Veronica Simon Outstanding Gender Studies Dissertation Award, LSU, May 2011
- Center for Teaching Excellence Engaged Teaching Fellowship Award, UNCW, March 2011
- Global Citizenship Grant, UNCW, International Program Advisory Committee, Feb 2011