Please note: English Department Turnitin credentials are for use by English Department faculty, adjuncts and graduate instructors only.
Turnitin is a great resource for Southern Miss English Department faculty and instructors to determine if students' papers are original. Even if you do not have your students turn in their work through the Turnitin website, you can still check individual papers by following these steps:
- You will need an electronic document (not a PDF) to use Turnitin. If you only have a paper copy, the office can scan the paper, run it through a text recognition program, and send you a document.
- Log in to Turnitin. (Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call the department office for password.)
- Click the grey QUICK SUBMIT tab.
- Click SUBMIT PAPER.
- Check all three boxes, then click SUBMIT.
- Fill out the form with student's first name, last name, and an abbreviated paper title. Click CHOOSE FILE and find the paper you want to check on your computer. Click UPLOAD.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click SUBMIT.
- Click GO TO INBOX.
- Click the colored rectangle next to your submission to view the originality report.
- From this point, you can either print the report or save it as a web app on your computer for future reference by clicking the appropriate icon on the top right.