Skip over navigation
Stephen S. Curran
Abstracts & Papers Presented
- Curran, S.S., V.K. Tkach, and R.M.Overtstreet. A North American species complex in Homalometron Stafford, 1904 (Digenea: Apocreadiidae) with comments on the taxonomy of some genera in the family. November 2005. Annual meeting of the New England Association of Parasitologists. Storrs, Connecticut. Regional, unsolicited.
- Curran, S.S. An introduction to the trematodes infecting fish in West Virginia. May 2003. West Virginia State College, Charleston, West Virginia. Invited.
- Curran, S.S. and R.M. Overstreet. Crassicutis cichlasomae Manter, 1936 (Digenea: Apocreadiidae) In Peru and Paraguay, with discussion of the biogeography of Crassicutis using cladistic analysis of morphological features. August 2002. International Congress of Parasitologists with the American Society of Parasitologists. Vancouver, British Columbia. International, unsolicited.
- Curran, S.S. An introduction to trematode morphology and life history with emphasis on species from the coastal environment of the Gulf of Mexico. May 2002. Texas A&M University, Kingsville, Texas. Undergraduate audience, Invited.
- Curran, S.S., L.M. Pote, D.T. King and R.M. Overstreet. Experimental exposure of the prodiplostomulum of Bolbophorus sp. (Trematoda: Bolbophoridae) from farm-raised catfish to the American white pelican, great blue heron, great egret, and double crested cormorant. April 2002. Southeastern Society of Parasitologists in conjunction with The Association of Southeastern Biologists. Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina. Regional, unsolicited.
- Curran, S.S. A species of Crassicutis Manter, 1937 (Digenea: Apocreadiidae) from a tributary of the Amazon River in Peru, with discussion of the Biogeography of Crassicutis and related genera using cladistic analysis of morphological features. January 2002. GCRL Graduate Student Symposium, Ocean Springs, Mississippi. Local, unsolicited.
- Curran, S.S. and R.M. Overstreet. Classifying subfamilies and genera in Bucephaloidea Poche, 1907 using morphological features. May 2001. Southeastern Society of Parasitologists. Berry College, Rome, Georgia. Regional, unsolicited.
- Curran, S.S. and R.M. Overstreet. The identification of strigeoid metacercariae in farm raised catfish from Louisiana. March 2000. 7th Biennial Fish Diagnostician's Workshop at the School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Regional, invited.
- Curran, S.S. and R. M. Overstreet. Results of experimentally infecting fledgling white pelicans with the strigeoid tentatively identified as Bolbophorus confusus (Krause, 1914). 13 September 1999. Catfish Trematode Meeting. Thad Cochran National Warmwater Aquaculture Center, MSU Extension Service, Stoneville, Mississippi. Regional, invited.
- Curran, S.S. and R. M. Overstreet. Taxonomic features important for identifying leeches in Florida. October 1998. North American Oligochaete Conference and Annelid Workshop. Keys Marine Laboratory, Long Key, Florida. International, invited.
- Curran, S.S. Distribution of aspidogastrids (Trematoda) in freshwater mussels (Bivalvia: Unionidae) from eastern North America. July 1995. 70th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Parasitologists and American Association of Veterinary Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. National, unsolicited.
- Curran, S.S. and J.N. Caira. Site specificity of tapeworms parasitizing the spiral intestine of blue sharks (Prionace glauca), collected off Montauk, New York. August 1991. 66th Annual Meeting of the American Society of Parasitologists, University of Wisconsin, Madison. National, unsolicited, poster format.