2013 Shark Fest
It’s a shark eat shark world out there. Come take a bite! Register Online!Shark dissection, identification and long lining... Oh my! Dive into the enthralling underwater world through the eyes of the oceans top predators. Visit the top shark fishing hotspots around the Barrier Islands aboard a research vessel. Catch and tag sharks to contribute to ongoing scientific research.
View or dowload the 2013 Shark Fest flyer.
As a participant, you will:
- Interact with GCRL scientists
- Capture, tag, and release sharks
- Contribute to ongoing research
- Cruise aboard a GCRL research vessel
- Receive a “SHARK FEST” t-shirt
- Learn about sharks, skates, and rays
The fee is $350 per person. A $50 deposit is required with registration. For more information, contact the Marine Education Center by email or call 228.818.8833.
2013 Shark Fest Schedule
Shark Fest sessions are held on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch is provided. Currently scheduled sessions are listed below. We can also create a special session for your group.
- June 3-7, 2013 (middle school session for ages 12-14)
- June 10-14, 2013 (middle school session for ages 12-14)
- June 17-21, 2013 (middle school session for ages 12-14)
- July 8-12, 2013 (high school session for ages 14-18)
- July 15-19, 2013 (middle school session for ages 12-14)
Shark Fest participants prepare to tag a recently caught shark.