MBA (Master of Business Administration)
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at the Southern Miss Gulf Park campus is designed to meet the needs of the working professional. Advance your career and gain a global manager’s view of business while building your network of business contacts.
We are AACSB-accredited – one of the best business schools in the world! Only 5% of the 12,000 business programs in the world can make this claim.
In the state of Mississippi, Southern Miss offers the only on-campus AACSB-accredited MBA program south of Jackson. Maximize your investment in the future by choosing a program that has achieved this high standard of excellence.
Develop a strategic mind-set and refine your ability to lead. Reinvent yourself and achieve your career goals.
The MBA is in high demand. A Harvard Business Review study shows that chief executives with the MBA outperform executives who don’t have the degree. The earlier you earn an MBA, the more valuable you are.
We know that your time is valuable, so we have designed the MBA program at the Gulf Park campus around your busy schedule. Students will come to campus one night a week and complete 2 classes each semester. Choose your electives in business or go global with a study abroad experience.
The Southern Miss MBA program utilizes technology to combine the best of in-class interaction with professors, business professionals, and fellow graduate students with the convenience and flexibility of off-campus assignments.
The curriculum includes 8 required and 3 elective courses for a total of 33 semester hours. With Summer or Fall admission, a full-time student may complete the MBA degree in one year; a part-time student can complete it in two years.
- MBA graduates will demonstrate knowledge of business concepts and techniques in all relevant functional areas (e.g., managerial accounting, marketing, management, finance, and strategy).
- MBA graduates will demonstrate skills in leadership and team building.
- MBA graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify and understand ethical and cultural perspectives.
- MBA graduates will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
- MBA graduates will demonstrate creative critical thinking skills by integrating and applying appropriate concepts, technologies and decision making techniques to effectively evaluate and manage a business in a global environment.