The School of Accountancy at The University of Southern Mississippi is one of the Gulf South’s most prominent accounting programs. We offer students a challenging atmosphere that encourages academic and professional excellence. The School also gives students a supportive network of faculty, staff and fellow students to help them achieve their academic and professional goals.
You will find accounting professionals at all levels of business, from family firms to multinational corporations in positions ranging from auditing to investment. In addition to tracking the financial activity of an organization, including preparing, analyzing and verifying financial documents, accountants also manage revenues and expenditures and oversee tax-related activities for businesses and organizations.
- Students will be able to demonstrate functional knowledge of basic accounting skills.
- Students will be able to research databases and formulate appropriate solutions based on this research and logical reasoning.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competency in ethical decision-making.
- Students will be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Students will be able to demonstrate competency in current technology.
- Financial Analyst
- Business Development Manager
- Forensic Accounting Investigator
- Wealth Management Consultant
- Certified Public Accountant